Healthcare Solutions UK
We create a service that improves patient experiences
PRACTICAL SERVICES FOR THE NHS
The NHS is entering a challenging period where it must do more with less. This challenge can only be met by delivering an integrated patient centric care model enabling clinical efficiencies a better patient experience and ultimately sustainable finances. A growing population, economic challenges including the workforce gap and adaptation skills; and a lack of interoperability between hospital systems impacts directly on patients and staff. Organizational changes can be a challenge in terms of implementation, resource capacity, training and stakeholder engagement. Therefore, SPS offers end-to-end outcome-based services that addresses each stage in your business transformation.
TRANSFORM YOUR ORGANISATION THROUGH SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS:
MANAGED CLINICAL CODING SERVICES
Improving data management through accuracy and speed can free up resources to deliver better patient care. Clinical coding although less a critical finance function due to changes in contracts is increasingly an essential function in the delivery of system wide care. Only with consistent accurate and real time data can Trusts tackle back logs and maximise resources at local and system level. Over 52% of leaders agreed that their Trust waste too much money on inefficiencies according to an NHS Providers Report. SPS has found an opportunity to help increase NHS Trusts’ efficiency via Clinical Coding.
Managed booking administration service
Planned care at hospitals, predominately made up of outpatient’s clinic visits (by volume), has doubled over the last 10 years in appointment numbers and increased in complexity year-on-year for the last 74 years. Given the need to continuously improve patient experience and equity of access, the activity increase and associated delivery costs are not sustainable.
Booking Administration Services are the 4th biggest spend for NHS Acute Trusts with 93% of the service costs hidden across divisions, specialties and numerous cost centres. However, c.68% of administration time and effort is wasted. When you consider that booking administration currently account for approximately 3% of the NHS budget, costing the NHS £4.8bn pa, that’s a staggering opportunity to improve efficiency.
With an increase in financial pressures appointments, DNA’s and cancellations, including a demand in service expectations, and ever widening health inequalities, acute Trusts need to redesign the patient related administrative service model to improve patient experience and maximise clinical efficiency.
The outcomes of this redesign will:
- Improve patient experience, reduce health inequalities and health outcomes by saving patients time, money and providing a clearer admin journey
- Productivity gains for the Trust through efficient use of clinical time
- Cash releasing savings - free up costly resources and reduce unnecessary overhead costs
SPS Admin Finance Whitepaper
Are you ignoring the fourth largest area of spend?
Health Records Management
Making patient records digitally available is only part of the solution, SPS will manage unstructured data, improve greater access to information 24/7 across multi-disciplinary teams and free up resources by reducing the people process and real estate.
- Better information circulation and system communication with 24/7 remote access across multi-disciplinary teams
- Improved patient safety and clinical time efficiency due to greater accuracy of data with minimal human errors
- Being compliant on information governance
- Minimising unpredicted costs
- Ability to better monetize real estate
- Cash saving opportunities as a result of better operational efficiencies
SPS Patient Experience Whitepaper
The Clinical Coding function in the UK is becoming increasingly complex and fragmented.
- Seamless integration into your workflow
- Improved accuracy of data quality, financials and latest guidance on clinical coding
- Reduction in clinical coder labour and allow clinicians to focus on more core duties
- Free up real estate, save on workforce & reduce unnecessary overhead costs
- Improve career paths, and conditions of admin staff.
- Take on shared risk providing transparency on hidden costs
WHAT WE OFFER
We provide the only End-To-End healthcare service in the industry that includes expert management of booking administration services, physical and digital communications-management, and records in a secure, compliant and efficient manner. Our tried and tested solutions help NHS Trusts manage booking administration and document processes by applying technology and process expertise.
We also specialise in:
- Manged Booking Administration Service
- Clinical Coding Services
- Health Records Management
- Digital and Physical Mailroom Management
- Hybrid Mail
- Managed Courier Services
- Transport Management Services
- Consultancy and Advisory Services